Bijkomende meta info
- The archive of vzw Het Ondergedoken Kind - L'Enfant caché asbl consists of: (1) institutional files and series on the creation of the association, on the administrative committee, on the yearly general assembly and on the membership administration, as well as (2) files and series on the organisation of activities. This second section includes both general files and files on activities organised to reach the goals of the association. The archive of vzw Het Ondergedoken Kind - L'Enfant caché asbl also contains several files created by the Amicale des Anciens de Jamoigne, the association of Jewish children hidden at the Château de Jamoigne during the war, on activities organised by the Amicale before the creation of vzw Het Ondergedoken Kind.
- (1986) 1991-
- L'Enfant caché asbl, Bruxelles The Hidden Child association, Brussels
- NYSENHOLC Adolphe, L’Enfant Sauvé. De la cache au statut, Brussel, 2018.
- vzw Het Ondergedoken Kind - L'Enfant caché asbl, Brussels
- French, Dutch, English, Hebrew
- Latin, Hebrew
- The archive has been packed according to archival standards. Photos are stored in separate acid-free boxes and covers. Audio and video tapes have been added to the Kazerne Dossin audio-visual collection, books and magazines to the Kazerne Dossin library. Check the inventory for a complete list.
- STYVEN Dorien, Inventory of the archives of vzw Het Ondergedoken Kind and Amicale des Anciens de Jamoigne, Mechelen, 2019.
- Kazerne Dossin, Mechelen
- 15 meters, 161 numbers, 88 boxes
- Archive of Jacques Funkleder, administrator of vzw Het Ondergedoken Kind, fonds donated to Kazerne Dossin in 2017, reference number: KD_00438.
The founders of vzw Het Ondergedoken Kind held their founding meeting on 6 October 1991. The idea to create this association for Jewish children hidden in Belgium during the war was launched at the first international gathering of hidden children in New York on 26 and 27 May 1991. The existing Amicale des Anciens de Jamoigne, the association for Jewish children hidden at the Château de Jamoigne during the war, subsequently ceased to be an independent organisation and became part of vzw Het Ondergedoken Kind. Vzw Het Ondergedoken Kind published its by-laws in the Belgian official Journal (Belgisch Staatsblad - Moniteur belge) on 25 March 1993. The organisation is led from the start by an administrative committee, presided subsequently by Sophie Rechtman-Granos (1991-2002, 2003-2006), Charles Racimora (2002-2003), David Rossler (2006-2009), Jerry Rubin (2009-2012), Regina Suchowolski-Sluszny (2012-2015), Marka Szyfer (2015-2018) en Marcel Frydman (2018-…).
The association at its peak represented 1.350 members, who gather yearly during the General Assembly in Brussels. As of 1998 the quarterly ‘EC Infos’ functions as the membership magazine. The main goals of vzw Het Ondergedoken Kind are: stimulating solidarity and trauma processing among its members, providing members with historical information on hiding and the Holocaust, honouring Belgian rescuers, stimulating remembrance education and fighting anti-Semitism, racism, xenophobia and Holocaust denial, working together with other organisations with the same goals, and defending the political and financial rights of formerly hidden children as war victims. Vzw Het Ondergedoken Kind is still an active association, continuing its work.
- From the founding meeting of vzw Het Ondergedoken Kind on 6 October 1991 onwards the records of the association were kept at the home of administrator David Inowlocki. Inowlocki, in 1986 a founding member of the Amicale des Anciens de Jamoigne, added several files created by the Amicale to the archive of vzw Het Ondergedoken Kind after the Amicale ceased to exist in 1991. When opening a secretariat at Avenue Ducpétiaux 68 in Saint-Gilles, Brussels, in 1997, the administration of vzw Het Ondergedoken Kind moved to this office where it remained until the closure of the secretariat in 2017. The archive of vzw Het Ondergedoken Kind was donated to Kazerne Dossin on 27 March 2017. In 2019, the archive was analysed, organised, structured and wrapped according to archival standards. An inventory was created to make the archive accessible.
- vzw Het Ondergedoken Kind - L'Enfant caché asbl, 2017
- As indicated in the inventory